The most important first step in beginning therapy is to be sure that you find a practitioner that is perfect for you, so please keep reading and ask yourself the question…
Are We A Good Fit?
There are thousands upon thousands of therapists available and we all have different areas of expertise and operate with slightly contrasting approaches and styles.
What You Need to Know About My Approach
If the first list below gels with you and you don’t resonate so much with the bottom list, then we should talk.
We will work incredibly together and I can help you see amazing results if…
- You’re hungry and committed to your healing and growth.
- You’re committed to meeting once a week to make the changes necessary to reach your goals.
- You’re keen to learn and eager to try new things out.
- You understand that I am not on any insurance panels and accept only out of pocket payment.
- Slow is the new Fast. You understand that I do not provide off-the-shelf quick fixes to life challenges. It is important to expect that you will need to be patient and have realistic expectations for your healing and growth, even if you are in emotional pain and confusion. This can be the most difficult undertaking but your commitment to cultivating patience is essential, in therapy as in life.
We probably won’t be a great fit if…
- You have serious commitment issues.
- You’re not able to pay out of pocket.
- You’re looking for a silver bullet or to have someone take your pain away or “fix” you.
Does the first list sound like you?
If so, excellent. I welcome the opportunity to converse with you by phone to answer your questions and get acquainted in advance of formal work. To schedule your free 20-minute initial phone consultation, click here.
I welcome adult clients of any race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, relationship style, religion (or non-religion), creed, body size, etc.